- I have to make cornbread dressing and gravy to take on Christmas Eve. (you can see that I just finished baking a very large pan of cornbread to use in the dressing. I would have used my seasoned iron skillet and made corn pons but the skillet is at the cabin... am I am in town)
- We are being treated to Breakfast on Christmas morning.
- For Christmas Day lunch, I have been instructed to bring Mashed Potatoes and Corn & Pea Casserole. (What Holiday meal is complete with out 10-lbs of potatoes mashed up with tons of butter and milk? And by looking at the ingredients you can tell that Jim probably wouldn't touch the Corn and Pea Casserole lol...)
- For dinner/supper Christmas night most of you know that Jim and I cook Rib-eyes on the grill. I have to go to the meat market to pick up the steaks. (I'll have to do my yearly research on exactly how long to grill steaks so they are med-rare, medium, and well done.
- For the night after Christmas gathering I am supposed to bring a very large salad to go with Lasagna. (I'm trying to decide if I should do a traditional tossed salad and take along a bottle or Ranch. Or if I should make a really good salad with several kinds of lettuce, toasted pecans, feta or blue cheese, green and red onions, maybe dried cranberry, all tossed with some type of balsamic dressing?)
Will you be one of us that just HAS to get out and buy at least one 'something' on Christmas Eve... JUST BECAUSE IT'S TRADITION?